A new high tea matching the World of Wearable Art is coming to QT Museum Wellington.
Created by Executive Chef Jiwon Do, QT’s Edible Art High Tea has a selection of desserts and savoury items inspired by iconic creations presented at the show.
For example, a food art representation of Encapsulate in the form of kaffir lime and coconut mousse can be seen on the second tier. Last year’s winner at the event was from Indonesia, and so the flavours are also inspired by that.
The high tea is available pre-show from Wednesday September 27 to October 14. The full menu includes:
- Ube cake with coconut jam, ube crips topped with cotton candy
- Tropical pavlova with passionfruit curd
- Kaffir lime and coconut mousse
- Raspberry and chocolate entremets with edible stones
- Duck parfait on rice paper
- Bloody Mary caviar and parmesan sheet
- Squid ink focaccia with smoke salmon, pickled cucumber and lumpfish caviar.