Entries for the 2019 New Zealand Hotel Industry Awards have opened, an annual event which celebrates the achievements of people working in New Zealand hotels.
This year’s event will mark the debut of a new category, the Hotel Industry Technology Innovation Award, which will recognise an employee who has championed a technology project which has driven increases in guest satisfaction and operational efficiency.
“There are numerous award programmes that recognise incredible hotels, but we aim to celebrate the people who are vital to delivering outstanding guest experiences. We also want to exhibit the wide range of exciting career options available in the hotel sector,” said Sally Attfield, hotel sector manager of TIA who will co-host the event.
Alike the hotel industry itself co-hosts Horwath HTL said the Awards is going from strength to strength.
“We attracted a record number of entries in 2018, and I expect the competition will be just as fierce this year,” said Stephen Hamilton, director, Horwath HTL.
The award winners will be announced at a Gala Dinner on 20 June at Cordis, Auckland the night before the 2019 New Zealand Hotel Industry Conference begins.
The full list of categories:
• Hotel Industry Administration Employee of the Year
• Hotel Industry Concierge of the Year
• Hotel Industry Environmental Initiative Award
• Hotel Industry Food and Beverage Employee of the Year
• Hotel Industry Front Office Services Employee of the Year
• Hotel Industry General Manager of the Year
• Hotel Industry Housekeeper Employee of the Year
• Hotel Industry Outstanding Young Hotel Executive
• Hotel Industry Regional Hotel Employee of the Year
• Hotel Industry Revenue Manager of the Year
• Hotel Industry Sales & Marketing Employee of the Year
• Hotel Industry Senior Hotel Executive of the Year
• Hotel Industry Technology Innovation Award