Travel and Leisure magazine has named a Kiwi hotel, island and airline among the world’s best. Taupo’s luxurious Huka Lodge came third on the list of the 100 best hotels in the world, ranked above any Australian accommodation providers.
When it came to ranking the top islands in the world, Auckland’s very own Waiheke Island was ranked fourth in the world, beating out Maui and Santorini. The magazine also rated Air New Zealand as the seventh best international airline.
TOP SIX SPOTS
- Niwhitu, Sumbu, Indonesia
- The Spectator, Charleston, South Carolina
- Huka Lodge, Taupo, New Zealand
- Southern Ocean Lodge, Kangaroo Island, Australia
- Montage Kapalua Bay, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
- The Lodge at Glendorn, Bradford, Pennsylvania