In its consistent process of technological evolution and following its philosophy of anticipating customer expectations and consumption habits, Meliá Hotels International has launched a new user-centric, mobile-first, and more experiential website.
Melia.com is a strategic channel that accepts roughly 50 percent of the Company's reservations. The website seeks to promote three aspects that comprise a differential value in the face of the new reality of tourism in a post-pandemic world:
- Raising the positioning of the Group's brands and hotels.
- Personalisation and loyalty programs as key elements to differentiate.
- Showing a more experiential vision of the hotels and their destinations.
This new generation website comes at a time when the trend of online reservations is preferred by the acceleration in the digital transformation in society caused by the recent pandemic and will provide consumers with much more transparency, accessibility and richer information. Professional editors have written all the website's content, providing more information and transparency, promoting the offer of superior experiences and offering the customer what they seek.
For this more digital, more expert and demanding traveller seeking experiences and travelling with a purpose, the new state-of-the-art Melia.com website features:
- A digital experience almost as complete and stimulating as it would be in person
- Adapting to the "mobile-first" reality of our clients (over 65 percent of web traffic comes from mobile devices)
- Providing its brands and hotels with their own personality and with renewed graphic content
- Creating a "one-to-one" experience with customers, personalised according to their tastes and needs via an innovative real-time personalisation system based on artificial intelligence
- Increased visibility of MeliáRewards program benefits allows loyal customers to know more and better what they can do with their points when travelling and in their day-to-day activities.
- Additional space for other services beyond the sale of a room, including other offerings from hotels and their destinations.
- A new reservation process based on "attributes", different from the traditional techniques, where the comparison is more accessible, and the user feels greater transparency and control. It also facilitates upselling for customers looking for more premium products.
"Nowadays, our customers' journey begins with their computer or mobile as they search for a hotel or destination, and that's why we must offer them simplicity, security and differential benefits from the first minute of the booking process," said Manuel Riego, Marketing Vice President at Meliá Hotels International. "Meliá has been working in the digital environment for more than 30 years, and I'm positive that this new, next-generation melia.com will meet the expectations of even our most demanding customers".
The Key is Personalisation
The new melia.com makes the booking experience easier and more user-friendly, simplifying processes and the flow of actions to help customers and facilitate decision-making at every step.
To achieve this, Meliá has designed an innovative personalisation algorithm which allows the website to make the most appropriate recommendations based on users' browsing habits, tastes and preferences to make their searches more effective and efficient and increase their satisfaction with the results.
The website is currently being implemented in Spain and other European markets, testing its function on a substantial percentage of customers. It is scheduled to be fully operational in 100 percent of markets at the beginning of August.