Bayleys Real Estate has launched the Hotels & Tourism New Zealand portfolio, showcasing 11 properties being marketed for sale across New Zealand.
The properties range in format from sites identified for development into commercial accommodation venues through to fully operational accommodation entities.
“The opportunities within the portfolio range from properties in the genesis phase of gearing up to meet the demands of inbound tourism operators, through to existing long-running operations looking to capitalise on their investments and tap-out at a time when tourism sector activity is buoyant,” said Bayleys hotel and tourism group director Paul Dixon.
“The portfolio showcases opportunities along the scale of risk-aversity - with properties located across our biggest city, right out into regional New Zealand. And there are also both hands-on or passive investment choices.”
Included in the portfolio is the land and buildings housing an out-of-use 62-room resort on Pakatoa Island in the Hauraki Gulf, priced for sale at $40 million.
The 24-hectare site has a golf course, three white sand beaches, a commercially-graded wharf, swimming pool, squash court, and ensemble of buildings and accommodation units which housed hundreds of guests over the years of its operation.
In addition to being marketed nationally, and internationally through Bayleys’ global marketing affiliate Knight Frank, the portfolio has also been taken on a whistle-stop roadshow to Hong Kong, Singapore and China.
Other properties included in the Hotels & Tourism New Zealand portfolio include:
- The land and building housing the 48-room Emerald Hotel in Central Gisborne. The five-storey hotel sitting on some 4,662 square metres of land has a 4.5-star rating and runs an occupancy rate of 86 percent.
Space within the property is leased to not only the hotel operator, but also to commercial office tenants. Those tenants – excluding the hotel – generate total annual revenue of $1.051million plus GST.
• Up to a dozen two-bedroom apartments in the 4.5-star Swiss-Belhotel full-service hotel in Central Queenstown.
The developer of the six-storey property is currently undertaking building consent application. On completion, the property will consist of 195 rooms. The apartments - which will operate within the George Road hotel inventory - are being marketed for sale either individually at $799,000, or in any combination up to 12 at varying price brackets.
• The land and building housing the newly-completed 64-room Leroy Suites hotel in Rosedale Road in the Auckland suburb of Albany. The four-star property opened earlier this year and has since recorded an occupancy rate of 80 percent.
The accommodation operator is on a 15-year lease - along with three further five-year rights of renewal - which delivers an annual net rental return of $1.1million.
Leroy Suites operates with a four-star quality rating. The property includes
63 car parks.
• The 16-unit Edgewater Motel on Orewa Beach just north of Auckland. The motel is configured into studio and two-bedroom units under a three-star categorization.
• The management rights or joint development of the 240-room Whitianga Waterways Resort Hotel being developed in the Coromandel coastal township.
Operating under a planned 4.5-star quality rating, the hotel is to be built on a 1.93-hectare waterfront site with its own private beach and will also include conference and meeting amenities.
• The leasehold or management rights to a four-star hotel being developed at 101 Mount Eden Road in the city-fringe suburb of Mt Eden.
Sitting adjacent to the Mount Eden rail station currently under construction as part of the City Rail Link, the 75-room hotel will be part of a commercial precinct
• The Lakeside Resort & Spa overlooking Lake Karapiro in the Waikato township of Cambridge.
Consisting of 45 chalets, the resort has an indoor swimming pool and health spa amenity – all sitting on some 35.4-hectares of land on three separate title allowing for further development in either a similar format, or for accommodation intensification.