Hyatt has announced that it has 21 new luxury hotels and resorts planned to open in the Asia Pacific by 2020.
This expansion includes seven Park Hyatt properties, six hotels under the Grand Hyatt and Andaz brands and two Alila branded resorts.
The new properties will increase Hyatt’s luxury portfolio in the region by over 25 percent.
The two hotels in the Alila brand are set to join the World of Hyatt loyalty programme later this year following its integration with Hyatt of it 2018.
“We see enormous potential to grow our luxury portfolio in Asia Pacific, which currently accounts for 40 percent of Hyatt’s overall portfolio in the region,” said Patrick Finn, senior vice president, real estate and development, Asia Pacific, Hyatt.
“Hyatt has a distinct and differentiated strategy with each of our brands positioned at the high end of every segment in which we operate, and we are committed to expanding our brand footprint in major business cities, cultural destinations and leisure hot spots that resonate with developers, owners and guests.”
Hyatt’s planned openings in 2019 include:
• Andaz Dubai The Palm in the United Arab Emirates
• Andaz Gangnam Seoul in South Korea
• Grand Hyatt Al Khobar in Saudi Arabia
• Grand Hyatt Gurgaon in India
• Grand Hyatt Hefei in China
• Park Hyatt Auckland in New Zealand
• Park Hyatt Doha in Qatar
• Park Hyatt Jakarta in Indonesia
• Park Hyatt Kyoto in Japan
• Park Hyatt Shenzhen in China
Planned openings for 2020 include:
• Alila Dalit Bay in Malaysia
• Alila Hinu Bay in Oman
• Andaz Bali in Indonesia
• Andaz Sanya Sunny Bay in China
• Andaz Shenzhen in China
• Andaz Xiamen in China
• Grand Hyatt Jeju in Korea
• Grand Hyatt Kuwait in Kuwait
• Grand Hyatt Shenzhou Peninsula in China
• Park Hyatt Niseko, Hanazono in Japan
• Park Hyatt Suzhou in China