Singapore Airlines has been named 'Best in the Travel and Hotel Sector' at the annual KPMG Customer Experience Excellence Awards in New Zealand.
The airline placed second overall in the report, which based its results on a survey of almost 3000 consumers nationwide. 130 local and international brands were ranked against KPMG's Six Pillars of Customer Experience Excellence.
Customers were asked to score each brand based on the following categories:
- Personalisation - Using individualised attention to drive an emotional connection.
- Integrity - Being trustworthy.
- Expectations - Managing, meeting, and exceeding customer expectations.
- Resolution - Turning a poor experience into a great one.
- Time and Effort - Minimising customer effort and creating frictionless processes.
- Empathy - Achieving an understanding of the customer's circumstances to drive deep rapport.
Singapore Airlines was rated particularly highly in the Empathy and Expectations categories, and was praised for its customer service.
"We are humbled to have been recognised with two awards at the KPMG Customer Experience Excellence Awards,” said the general manager of Singapore Airlines NZ, Kenny Teo. "Being nominated for, and winning awards such as this would not be possible without the ongoing support of our customers and the travel trade in New Zealand. We are extremely grateful for their continued support."