Depending on your organisation, you and your team may now be running staggered rosters, working modified duties on-site or even working remotely.
These changes, coupled with the ongoing health and economic threat of COVID-19, can have a significant impact on employee wellbeing. As a manager or team leader, it’s important to think about how to support your staff, particularly those struggling with stress and other emotions.
Here’s what you can do.
- Maintain regular catch-ups with your team
- Look out for signs of struggle
- Set up regular 1:1 meetings with staff you’re concerned about
- Provide support, both in and beyond the workplace
- Keep an eye on your own mental health