Marriott Bonvoy, Marriott International's award-winning travel program and marketplace, has rolled out a redesigned version of its Android mobile app, offering a more intuitive and personalised experience ahead of the anticipated summer travel season.
With 85 percent of the adult population in the United States planning to take a trip this summer, the release of the newest features on the Marriott Bonvoy app now makes travel more seamless for Android and iOS users alike. Features include new travel shopping and booking options, enhanced customisation, and access to more of Marriott's unrivalled travel offerings. Guests can now browse and book over 65,000 premium and luxury vacation rentals from Homes & Villas by Marriott International alongside Marriott Bonvoy's impressive portfolio of 30 brands and more than 8,000 hotels, plus destination tours and activities to enjoy on their trip. The app will provide members with the best rates, personalised recommendations and offers to maximise their points earned when travelling or from everyday spending.
The launch on Android follows the improved app experience that was rolled out on Apple's iOS operating system in 2021. As the centrepiece of the company's mobile-first mindset, the Marriott Bonvoy app allows members to customise their experience through features like contactless check-in and check-out and the ability to request services and amenities via chat and Mobile Requests.
"We've had a great reception to our refreshed Marriott Bonvoy mobile app from iOS users, so we're excited to be able to offer Android users the chance to enjoy the new features now, too," said Sarah Searls, Senior Vice President of Digital, Marriott International. "The enhanced app simplifies the travel planning process, allows for the most frictionless experience before and during your stay and gets smarter the more you interact with it. Not only can guests browse and book the industry's largest range of hotels, home rentals and experiences more easily, but through tailored offers, they can earn and redeem points to make their stays more rewarding."
What's new on the app?
- New Shopping and Booking Options: Guests and members can now book Free Night Award and Suite Night Award redemptions, premium and luxury home rentals from Homes & Villas by Marriott International, Marriott Bonvoy Tours & Activities, improved family booking options for All-Inclusive resorts, and much more. While members enjoy the most personalised experience, non-members can also now search and book within the app. Guests are guaranteed the lowest rates by booking directly from the app.
- Updated Searching & Booking with New, Dynamic Map: Users can search and book accommodations by hotel brand, destination, price, or points needed for a free night's stay.
- More Customisation During the Stay: Improvements and additions to Mobile Requests and Mobile Key allow members to choose their level of interaction with hotel staff. Mobile Requests now contains more one-touch buttons so users can order anything from a crib, shoeshine, and dry cleaning to bath towels, pillows and bath products directly via the app. Mobile Requests also enable users to chat with hotel staff 48 hours before check-in and during their stay. Mobile Key is available at over 5,500 properties and is now accessible on the home screen upon check-in.
- Making it Easier for Members to Earn Points: On the home screen and account page, members can see relevant promotions for easy access to upgrades on stays, select Uber rides or Uber Eats, airline partners, and other ways to earn points between bookings.
- Enhanced User Experience: The app is now faster-performing with an improved interface that intuitively helps navigate guests through the entire booking and in-stay journey.
Other highlights include an updated Marriott Bonvoy account profile page highlighting personalised promotions, on-property benefits and total account activity. There is also a Fingerprint Unlock that automatically engages after the first login.
The app is available in seven languages – English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Korean and Chinese, with more to come.