Australia’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency has recognised Hilton for its commitment to gender equality.
Of the 141 organisations who received the 2018-2019 WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) citation, Hilton was the only accommodation provider to make the list.
Some notable trends among the recipients were:
• Initiatives encouraging women to return to work after a career break
• Programmes to support women into leadership
• Tailored parental leave policies supporting both women and men
• Setting targets to achieve gender-equal graduate recruitment intakes
• Robust analysis and correction of gender pay gaps
“More organisations are introducing strategies and policies to ensure women and men are equally valued and rewarded in their workplaces. Gender equality has become an important focus for Australian employers,” said Libby Lyons, director, WGEA.
“Our EOCGE does not signify that these employers have solved all of their gender equality issues. Rather, it recognises that they have embraced a rigorous and detailed programme to transform their workplaces.